14 July 2013

Another Robin, with Furry Friends

This portrait of a female Robin with red hair (like Carrie Kelley) and lots of cats (like Selina Kyle, or the fandom version of Damian Wayne) is from Maris Wicks’s blog.

Wicks is the artist of the new book Primates, scripted by Jim Ottaviani, which tells the stories of zoological researchers Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas. Here’s J. Caleb Mozzocco’s interview with Wicks for School Library Journal. Among other things, Wicks said:
I figured that First Second was looking for my (cartoon-y) interpretation of the script, otherwise they wouldn’t have wanted me for the job in the first place, so I wasn’t worried about trying to portray the characters in a photo-realistic manner. I did, however, want to capture the feel of each character’s story, and this “feel” (or rather “emotion”) is something that can come across regardless of style.
As above.

No comments: