09 May 2008

More Oz Manga on the Way

I might as well conclude this spasm of postings about David Hutchison's comics adaptation of L. Frank Baum's Oz stories with his cover art for the Land of Oz volume, to be published next month by Antarctic Press.

In other Oz/manga news, Anna at Tangognat alerted me that Del Rey is about to publish three volumes of Yuko Osada's Toto!: The Wonderful Adventure in the US. Prospero's Manga provides a plot summary of the first volume that mentions a little dog, a balloon, and a farmgirl named Dorothy. Baum Bugle editor Sean Duffley tells me that the hero's name, Kakashi, means "scarecrow."

Toto! looks like it contains an original story that alludes freely to Oz, but doesn't follow the plot of any Oz book. However, you can tell from the number of links in the paragraph above that I have absolutely no knowledge of my own to impart about this book.

No comments: