Today I’m at SCBWI New England’s annual conference, this year taking place for the first time in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. I’m leading two workshops for children’s writers:
- on what it means to write within a genre, and an author’s implicit contract with readers.
- on scripts for comics, and how they require following very different rules from manuscripts for picture books.
On Tuesday, 25 May, I’ll once again be the moderator for the Foundation for Children’s Books celebration of “New England Voices.” This year’s featured authors and artists are:
- nonfiction picture-book author Melissa Stewart
- middle-grade sports novelist Kevin Markey
- picture-book creator and cartoonist Jef Czekaj