02 October 2011

Smith and Doyle on Drake

Today artist Ming Doyle signs copies of Tantalize: Kieren’s Story, a graphic retelling of the events in Cynthia Leitich Smith’s novel Tantalize, at the Brookline Booksmith.

In honor of that event, this weekly Robin quotes from Smith and Doyle’s Newsarama interview:

Nrama: What characters in comics would you like to write/draw a story with?

Smith: I’ve always been fond of Tim Drake/Robin. I suppose it’s the YA writer in me. I enjoy the intensity of young, smart heroes. I’d love to write him in either graphic or prose form.

Doyle: Tim Drake’s actually a character I have a lot of interest in as well! In general, I’ve always been drawn to the Bat family and its associates.
Smith has also expressed her admiration for Wonder Woman. Of course, that was before the DC Universe’s latest retelling.

No comments: