07 January 2009

False Witness

From today's New York Times:

Neale Donald Walsch, author of the best-selling series “Conversations With God,” recently posted a personal Christmas essay on the spiritual Web site Beliefnet.com about his son’s kindergarten winter pageant. . . .

Mr. Walsch’s story was nearly identical to an essay by a writer named Candy Chand, which was originally published 10 years ago in Clarity, a spiritual magazine, and has been circulating on the Web ever since. Mr. Walsch now says he made a mistake in believing the story was something that had actually come from his personal experience.
I have that same problem all the time!

I keep having to remind myself that I wasn't actually carried off in my house by a cyclone after seeing my parents die because of a sabotaged trapeze. It's a lifelong struggle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! (You, not Mr. Walsch.)

Glenn Ingersoll said...

God told him he did it. Who you gonna believe? Your lying memory or God? 'Fess!

J. L. Bell said...

It does take a certain boldness to name your book series after what's often taken as a symptom of schizophrenic psychosis.